Tuesday 26 March 2013

Music Magazine: Rough Cut Photographs

Double Page Spread Photograph
The photograph I will use for the rough cut of my double page spread is a long shot of my subject sitting at a bench with a macbook, shot from a one point perspective. This image will take up the left side of the double page spread in my rough cut. I applied sepia filters to bring out some of the colours in the image. The colour palette of the photograph is supposed to fit with the red, white and black colour scheme of my rough cut when it is finished.

Contents Page Photograph 1
This photograph, which I took to feature on my contents page was taken to compliment the image taken for my front cover. It is taken form a similar angle, but with the subject situated in the middle of the frame as opposed to the right. I also added a sepia filter to the image to differentiate it from the front cover and add to the indie feel of the photograph.

Contents Page Photograph 2
This photograph which I took to feature on my contents page was taken to add a little variety to the colour palette of the images I will feature on my front cover. The colours are more vivid than the other  brownish coloured photographs featured on my contents page. I experimented with the depth of field in this photograph, using a wide aperture to blur out the background and bring the subject further towards the foreground.

Contents Page Photograph 3
This photograph which I took to feature on the contents page of my rough cut. In this photograph I experimented with lighting and shadows. I made sure to illuminate the face of the subject using a desk lamp in the bottom right of the frame. I adjusted the settings on my camera to reduce the noise and graininess of the photograph.

Front Cover Photograph
This photograph will feature on the front cover of my rough cut. It was taken in an underpass and is a midshot, shot from a one point perspective with the subject to the right of the screen, making eye contact with the camera. The colours were exaggerated in editing using Photoshop's colour filters, in order to fit the colours in the photograph with the colour scheme of the rest of the magazine, which will be red, white and black.



No comments:

Post a Comment