Thursday 7 March 2013

Audience Research: Magazine Questionnaire

For the audience research for my music magazine I've created a questionnaire, which I will use to help establish what genre of magazine I should use for my own music magazine. Currently, I'm thinking of producing a magazine aimed at young people interested in Indie/Alternative/Electronic music, but I want to hear from my audience first to see what they think. The aim is to establish what genre of magazine young people are more likely to buy, how much they expect to pay and what motivates them to purchase such magazines. (Questionnaire below)

Do you read music magazines?
·         Yes
·         No
·         Sometimes
If so, what music magazines do you read?
·         NME
·         Q
·         Kerrang
·         Mojo
·         Other
What genre of music magazine do you read?
·         Indie
·         Rock
·         Alternative
·         Folk/Country
·         Electronic
·         Rap/Hip-hop
·         Other
How often do you purchase a music magazine?
·         Once a week or more
·         Once a fortnight
·         Once a month
·         Once every few months
·         Never
How much would you expect to pay for a Music Magazine?
·         £1 or less
·         £1.50
·         £2.00
·         £2.50
·         £3.00
·         £3.50 or more
What motivates you to buy a particular music magazine?
·         The artist featured on the cover
·         The genre of magazine
·         The articles and stories featured
·         The attractiveness of the cover and colour scheme
·         Other
Are you more likely to read a magazine with a blocky layout or an image based layout?
·         Blocky
·         Image based

I will ask up to 20 people in the 16-20 age group to fill in this Questionnaire and tweak my magazine's contents in accordance to their preferences. I will also show them several designs for logos and plans for front pages and articles to see how they feel about the content.



No comments:

Post a Comment