Wednesday 6 March 2013

Initial Sketches For Music Magazine

I have put together some initial sketches for my music magazine. These hand drawn designs are not the final designs and are likely to change over time as I receive feedback for my logo designs and photographs. The titles and articles featured are also likely to change over time.

These hand drawn designs are partially inspired by the codes and conventions of popular music magazines like Q, NME and Mojo. My main style model is Q, but less formal and with elements of NME thrown in, particularly in the contents page. The layout of the contents page is heavily inspired by NME, with it's boxed layout and featured headings. 

The double page spread is also heavily inspired by Q and NME. The layout is similar to Q, with the photograph on one page and the article on the other, but the heading at the top of the page is more in line with NME.

These designs are likely to change over time as they are put together, but these hand drawn sketches are my initial ideas. I will probably add an may even take away from them in the coming weeks.

Front Cover

Contents Page
Double Page Spread



No comments:

Post a Comment