Thursday 7 March 2013

Audience Research: Name and logo for magazine

I have recently been testing potential names for my music magazine with young people in my target audience. I came up with a few names which I thought fit well with my desired genre of magazine. Some of the names I came up with include...

  • Treble
  • Adagio
  • Maestro
  • Prelude
  • Reprise
Out of these 5 names, 'Maestro' came out first in order of preference, with 'Reprise' a close second. After gathering feedback I quickly pumped out a logo in Photoshop which I intended to use somewhere on the magazine. Perhaps on the front cover.

The response to this design however was mixed at best, with the target audience praising the complimentary colour scheme but commenting on the style of text and the lines around the main text, comparing it to that of a coffee outlet or a cheap Italian restaurant.  Quickly I responded to their criticism with an improved version of the logo, which ditches the green lines and chances the tone of red in the text.
Response to this design was more positive, with the target audience praising the overlapping letters, vivid red colour, italic font and bold drop shadow which helps the text stand out against almost any background. So hopefully this design will make it onto the final magazine, but I will keep  listening to feedback and tweak accordingly.



No comments:

Post a Comment