Wednesday 24 April 2013

Music Magazine: Final Cut Contents Page



CONTENTS PAGE
The main complaint about the rough cut of my contents page was that the layout wasn't tight enough, or detailed enough. To address this I added more photographs and more to my subheadings, as well as moving the position of the photographs from the left to the right and rearranging their layouts.

I also tried to include more black into the contents page, as it was noticeably absent from the rough cut. I created a black banner, allowing the white text to stand out and balancing the colour scheme, with roughly an even amount of each colour. I also took more photographs to fill up more room. There is more variety to the photos than there was in the rough cut, and this is partly due to the photo filters I added.

After tightening up the layout a bit I realised I had quite a bit of blank space at the bottom of the page. So I included a note from the editor, as well as a black box advertising the magazine's subscription service.

No comments:

Post a Comment